News & Press
January 14, 2013
- GAC recently completed the $2.6M Design-Build Amphitheater Project at Aaron Bessant Park. This remarkable facility can accomodate an audience of 7,500. The entire community is anxiously awaiting the Seabreeze Jazz Festival scheduled for April 17, 2013, which will likely be the "opening act" of the Amphitheater. Undoubtedly, this new entertainment venue will serve as a central attraction for Panama City Beach tourism.
January 13, 2013
- GAC has been awarded the Highway 231 resurfacing project located between Campflowers Road and Highway 20 in Bay County. The total project value is $7.24M. The 8.9 miles of resurfacing work will commence in the 1st quarter and be completed in the fall of 2013.
November 01, 2012
- October 31, 2012 was a tremendous milestone date for the Aaron Bessant Park Amphitheater Project Team. GAC set the 80', 10,000 lb. structural steel trusses atop the concrete columns. GAC is serving as the design/build firm for this $2.3M facility that will serve both residents and visitors of Panama City Beach, FL.
Aaron Bessant Park, which is nestled just west of Pier Park, will soon be even more vital to the economy and quality of life in Bay County. In an effort to expand the tourist season, the Tourist Development Council in partnership with the City of Panama City Beach wanted a first class outdoor amphitheater and additional soccer fields to supplement their ever important sports marketing. After considering various options, the City selected GAC Contractors as their Design/Build firm for this significant park improvement project.
August 20, 2012
- GAC exceeds the expectations of Bay District Schools on the Surfside Middle School renovations.
August 20, 2012
- The St. Joe Company has retained our award winning site division to build the infrastructure on the second phase of Breakfast Point. We were on the St. Joe team on the phase one construction and many other St. Joe projects over the years. Based on the strength of our exceptional service and quality, they turned to GAC for this important expansion of this residential subdivision.
August 20, 2012
- The hardworking employees of GAC and their families enjoyed a spectacular day at Shipwreck on July 21st. One of the reason that GAC has been successfull since 1958 is our realization that the greatest strength of any company is capable people working as a team.
August 07, 2012
- GAC Contractors celebrates Topping Out at the Gulf Coast State College Advanced Technology Center.
July 11, 2012
- Aaron Bessant Park that is nestled just west of Pier Park will soon be even more vital to the economy and quality of life in Bay County. In an effort to expand the tourist season, the Tourist Development Council in partnership with the City of Panama City Beach wanted a first class outdoor amphitheater and additional soccer fields to supplement their ever important sports marketing. After considering various options, the City selected GAC Contractors as their design/builder of this significant $2.7 mm park improvement project. Construction will commence in earnest on July 23rd with completion slated for December 15th.
February 22, 2012
- GAC worked closely with this franchisee Owner during pre-construction to accommodate their needs and ensure that their renovation goals are fully achieved. The project is now underway and tracking under budget and ahead of schedule.
February 06, 2012
- GAC Awarded 5th Sonny’s Bar-B-Q Project in Marianna, FL
January 11, 2012
- Gulf Coast Medical Center Critical Care Parking
January 02, 2012
- GAC Awarded Express Oil Change Project
December 22, 2011
- GAC Awarded Capt. Anderson’s Renovation Project
December 08, 2011
- GAC Breaks Ground on 4th Sonny’s Bar-B-Q Project
September 28, 2011
- Nancy Reichel of Sonny's Bar-B-Q Corporate sends praise to GAC
June 24, 2010
- A groundbreaking celebration for Gulf Coast Community College’s Advanced Technology Center was held June 24, 2010. College officials, trustees, planners from Florida Architects, and other guests ceremonially broke ground for the new $35 million facility, designed from the ground up to expand and grow high-tech learning opportunities. GAC / H. J. High will serve as the Construction Manager for this exciting new project.
April 09, 2010
- Sonny's Bar-B-Q on Panama City Beach sought assistance in renovating their restaurant to meet updated franchise specifications. GAC was able to provide services for the permitting, design, and construction processes. Renovations included a new "mercantile" front facade, addition of a new bar area, total renovation to the dining area, and various other modifications to improve the aesthetic appeal of the restaurant. GAC was able to complete this transformation in a mere 54 days and remarkably did so while the the restaurant was in full operation.
December 31, 2009
- In November 2008, Apalachicola State Bank was severely damaged by fire and forced to temporarily close. Terry DuBose (Chairmain of the Board) vowed no disruption to customer service. Through using temporarily facilities the bank has been able to continue to provide excellent customer service.
A year later, Mr. DuBose has elected to continue the vision of Apalachicola State Bank and recently awarded GAC the construction contract to rebuild the historical landmark bank in the Apalachicola community. This project will be the ninth (9th) GAC has completed for the Coastal Community Bank/Apalachicola State Bank family, and the eighteenth (18th) local bank project GAC has completed for 7 different financial institutions since 2003.
December 22, 2009
- Dalton Parker has attained LEED (Leadership in Energy & Efficient Design) Green Associate status. The Green Building Council Institute has created the LEED Green Associate credential, which denotes knowledge of green design, construction, and operations.
December 10, 2009
- The GAC / H.J. High Team has been awarded the Construction Management contract for Gulf Coast Community College's new $24M Advanced Technology Center. GAC will likely commence construction on the four (4) story, 85,500 gsf facility during the fall of 2010. The Project Team has a LEED Gold certification goal and looks forward to breaking ground on this important community project.
"The new facility is to provide a place for both credit and non-credit workforce related training and to provide a mechanism for cooperation with local workforce and economic development agencies.”
Dr. Kerley, GCCC President
December 01, 2009
- GAC has recently been awarded twelve (12) design/build projects throughout North Florida with various governmental agencies. These infrastructure projects are a result of the economic stimulus package that was recently passed by Congress.
August 28, 2009
- In an effort to obtain customer feedback, GAC issues a performance questionarre to Owners of recently completed projects. GAC utilizes this questionnare to allow Owners an opportunity to rate our performance and share any additional comments. The feedback received is then reviewed and discussed with the Project Team. GAC takes great pride in their implementation of client feedback which has helped refine many of our organizational processes.
GAC is pleased to share the recent feedback of Joe Taylor, Facilities Director for Washington County Schools, on the completion of the Vernon Elementary School Addition Project. Joe's responses were as follows:
1) On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being terrible and 10 being absolutely exceptional, how would you rate your experience with our Company?
Joe Taylor's response:
" -9- "
2) Please use the balance of this sheet to make any comments concerning, this project, our firm, our people, or our service.
Joe Taylor's response:
"Excellent service and support with GAC. I felt as if GAC was concerned about the School District as (an) Owner."
August 27, 2009
- On August 26, 2009, Bay District Schools ratified the selection of GAC Contractors to serve as the Construction Manager for the for Merritt Brown Middle School Renovation Project. This approximate $6mm project will be spearheaded by the very capable team of Scott Joiner and Dalton Parker. GAC is excited about the commencement of this project and looks forward to adding the Merritt Brown Middle School Renovation Project to their list of successfully completed projects for the District.
August 11, 2009
- Bay Credit Union headquartered in Panama City has selected GAC Contractors as their Construction Manager for their upcoming expansion program. This selection was based on GAC's successful completion of 17 branch offices for 7 different financial institutions since 2003.
August 06, 2009
- The City of Carrabelle has awarded a $1.9M contract to improve the water quality at their well fields in Franklin County to GAC Contractors. The Tallahasee office of CDM designed this important water project.
The project involves two (2) sites, and briefly consists of two (2) pre-engineered metal buildings totaling 4,960 sf, installation of owner purchased equipment, site piping, new service pumps, instrumentation, electrical & controls, and upgraded disinfection capabilities. Standby generators will also be added at each site.
July 22, 2009
- To better serve our clients, GAC recently opened an office in Enterprise, Alabama. This office, along with the newly established offices in Blountstown, Florida and Freeport, Florida, has given our organization an expanded geographic presence. This expanded regional presence will enable the GAC Team to be more efficient and provide better service. With the addition of these three (3) offices, GAC now operates five (5) offices. These five (5) offices are located in:
· Panama City, FL
· Port St. Joe, FL
· Blountstown, FL
· Freeport, FL
· Enterprise, AL
July 09, 2009
- GAC was recently hired to provide construction services for the Delta / Northwest merger & integration at the Panama City Regional Airport. GAC was selected due to their ability to provide unmatched client service. We look forward to working with the Delta / Northwest Team to ensure a seamless transition.
June 01, 2009
- On June 1, 2009, GAC commenced work on the $9.7M U.S. Highway 231 Rehabilitation Project. GAC was selected by the Florida Department of Transportation as they offered the most economical solution to this challenging project. GAC takes great pride in its ability to provide exceptional value without compromising quality and client service.
May 20, 2009
- Rowland Publishing's BAY LIFE Magazine recently included an article entitled, "TRUE GRIT: One of the Panhandle's Most Influential Men Overcomes a Childhood of Poverty to End Up a Legend in Bay County". This article written about L. Charles Hilton, Jr. (GAC's Chairman & Founder) recaps Charles' formative years, education, military career, business relationships and personal philisophies which have helped achieve his many successes.
April 30, 2009
- The Washington County School District has named GAC as the Construction Manager for the upcoming Vernon Elementary ESE Renovation and Restroom Remodel Project. GAC is currently completing a three (3) building addition, bus loop, student drop-off area and covered walkway facilities project at Vernon Elementary School ahead of schedule and under budget. GAC is excited about the opportunity to work with Washington County Schools on another successful project.
April 08, 2009
- GAC has been recognized by the Florida Engineering Society for their contributions to the MATHCOUNTS program. This program is a national math enrichment, coaching & competition program that promotes middle school mathematics achievement.
March 25, 2009
- John Meyer has attained LEED (Leadership in Energy & Efficient Design) Accredited Professional status. LEED Professional Accreditation distinguishes building professionals with the knowledge and skills to successfully steward the LEED certification process. LEED Accredited Professionals (LEED APs) have demonstrated a thorough understanding of green building practices and principles and the LEED Rating System.
March 20, 2009
- In recognition of GAC's support of the Three Rivers Science Fair, Richard Dodd receives an award from Superintendent Bill Husfelt, School Board Chairman Ginger Littleton and Science Fair Coordinator Marcia Brady.
February 25, 2009
- GAC has completed construction of the Hampton Inn - Panama City Beach, FL. The five (5) story 61,000 square foot hotel offers 95 guest units, a large meeting space, fitness area, breakfast niche, and pool.
February 11, 2009
- Brett Hitchcock has attained LEED (Leadership in Energy & Efficient Design) Accredited Professional status. LEED Professional Accreditation distinguishes building professionals with the knowledge and skills to successfully steward the LEED certification process. LEED Accredited Professionals (LEED APs) have demonstrated a thorough understanding of green building practices and principles and the LEED Rating System.
November 01, 2008
- GAC recently completed the construction of the historic Shrimp Boat Restaurant.
May 01, 2008
- Building upon the successful completion of the original Shoppes at Beckrich Project, GAC has recently been awarded a Design/Build contract for the new Shoppes at Beckrich II Retail Plaza. This Design/Build project serves as yet another example of how GAC can be your total solution provider.
March 27, 2008
- GAC was recently awarded the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Project in Enterprise, Alabama. GAC submitted the most competitive bid amongst the seven (7) invited bidders. Gene Simonds (Facilities Manager) was thrilled with GAC's proposal and proposed accelerated schedule. GAC looks forward to completing this project and adding another pleased client to our Alabama portfolio of work.
March 16, 2008
- GAC was the successful bidder for this project in Okaloosa County. A total of 22 firms submitted proposals. Due to GAC's efficiency and unique project approach, their proposal was the lowest of the the 22 received.
March 13, 2008
- GAC has been awarded the Gulf Coast Community College Public Safety / Emergency Operations Center. This unique 51,000 sf project will serve both Gulf Coast Community College and Bay County.
March 10, 2008
- GAC has been awarded the Vernon Elementary Classroom Addition project. This 51,000 sf project includes new classroom buildings as well as a bus drop-off area and covered walkways for students.
February 10, 2008
- To better serve our clients, GAC recently established offices in Blountstown and Freeport. Many of our workforce live in these areas. Consequently, this expanded geographic presence will enable the GAC Team to be more efficient and provide better service. With the addition of these two (2) offices, GAC now operates four (4) offices located in Panama City, Port St. Joe, Blountstown, & Freeport.
January 16, 2008
- Richard Dodd, P.E., GAC President, was awarded the Member of the Year Award from The North Florida Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC). This award was given to Richard as a result of his dedication to the success of the North Florida Chapter.
January 09, 2008
- GAC has been selected to construct the new Hampton Inn & Suites located on Panama City Beach, FL.